Saturday, December 12, 2009

Daily Opinion for Saturday December 12, 2009

I have let my blog go for too long, there were so many things I was attempting to do at one time it got somewhat overwhelming. Not saying that all of them are running totally smooth, but there are improvements. So saying this, I am going to change the tone of my blog somewhat. At times, I will still comment on something I may be creating or doing, but as I have opinions on some of the things happening in our country, I think I will post my thoughts.
Right now one of the most annoying things on my mind is all the hullabaloo over health insurance reform. Just what is so hard for the American public to understand about this? As I lost my job over a year ago now, I have no health insurance. I am also a senior and will be 62 this year. Now with that being said, I am also on disability as my health is deteriorating. The other day on the news I hear them talking about this subject and that the newest thing they put forth is that they would "allow" seniors between 62-64 to "buy" into medicaid early and "all" they would have to pay is $600 and something dollars a month. Well how generous of our politicians!!!!! As I said, I'm on a fixed income, and just the other day I figured out my monthly bills against what I am getting paid, and this is also what I will be getting for my retirement I am told, and not figuring in food or gas, I have a grand total of $58 left in a month. Isn't that great? So tell me, how am I to pay their $600 dollars a month, when I have to dip into what little savings I have just to put food on my table and gas in my car?? But being as most of the politicians are super wealthy people with health insurance, what do they care?
Secondly on my mind has been the newest degradation of a public figure by our wonderful reporters. Why should they care if they destroy someone, their family or children? Tell me why it's OK for them to humiliate a public figure just because they have gone astray??? This is not a crime, it is a personal issue and therefore should be able to remain such. I am not condoning extra marital affairs, but I would be willing to bet that there are a tiny minority that doesn't have some kind of skeleton in their closet. Yes, that means you too, reporters. And I'll also say, if it was me in the public eye that they so viciously attacked, did everything to destroy me and have no concern what they do to innocent children, then they deserve what they get back. So, Mr. person in the public eye, you have the money and means, go find a good detective, get them to investigate those reporters that have no concern for others and dig up some dirt, find out what they have done in their past, why they are divorced, and let's air it all for everyone to see. After all, fair is fair and you are just as protected as they are under freedom of speech. :) Would love to see someone do it.
Well, stay tuned for my next edition of the daily opinion!!

No comments:

Post a Comment